Re: Posgresql - openoffice-JDBC

От Glenn Holmer
Тема Re: Posgresql - openoffice-JDBC
Дата
upgraded from 7.1.3 to 7.2.4 and can't get JDBC to work with Tomcat
Список pgsql-jdbc
Timothy Reaves wrote:
>     I had this same problem, and finally resolved it.  What you need to do is
> go to the file
>
>     ../OpenOffice.org1.0/user/config/javarc
>
> (where the '..' is where ever you installed it) and find the line:
>
>     SystemClasspath=...
>
> and add the path to the jar file.  On my system it is at:
>
> /usr/share/pgsql/jdbc7.1-1.2.jar
>
>     Once I added that to the class path, all works well!

I can't get that to work.  I added (in our case)

/java/postgresql/pgjdbc2.jar

to the end of the SystemClasspath line, then started OpenOffice and
entered a data source of (again, for our case)

jdbc:postgresql://miranda:5432/catalog

with a driver class of org.postgresql.Driver.  He could see the
table name in the database, but when I try to construct any SQL
with either the "New Query Design" or "New SQL Command" buttons,
I get a dialog saying "Error while connecting to the data source"
and "ERROR: parse: parse error at or near "("".  Any ideas?

OpenOffice 1.0, Linux 2.4.18.

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer@weycogroup.com
Programmer/Analyst                       phone: 414.908.1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414.908.1601