Re: pg_basebackup, walreceiver and wal_sender_timeout

От Oleksii Kliukin
Тема Re: pg_basebackup, walreceiver and wal_sender_timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 29. Jan 2019, at 10:45, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 6:19 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 02:00:59PM +0100, Alex Kliukin wrote:
> While reading the doc page for the pg_basebackup, I've been confused
> by the fact that it says WAL files will be written to .tarballs
> (either base.tar or pg_wal.tar) when pg_basebackup is instructed to
> stream WALs alongside the backup itself. I think it makes sense to
> elaborate that it only happens when tar format is specified (doc
> patch is attached).

Agreed.  The current wording can be confusing depending on the format,
and your suggestion looks right.  Any opinions from others?

Agreed, definitely confusing.

Since you also agreed on it, I went ahead and pushed (with backpatch).

Thanks a lot (and to Michael as well for looking into it)!

Cheers,
Oleksii