Re: return rows question

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: return rows question
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Laurette Cisneros wrote:
> Thanks.  I had looked into this.  But, it's not quite what I was looking
> for.
>
> I am writing a set of functions to act as an api to access data in the
> database.  There are times when I would need to return a set of rows or
> even a set of text from a pl/pgsql function based on some logic (no such
> thing as logic in SQL).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> L.

Sorry, but even in current development sources, PL/pgSQL cannot return a
set (or at least if it can, I can't figure out how). I'm hoping to
change that before 7.3 is released, but at this point I haven't even
looked at it too hard.

You might look at having your function return a refcursor. See:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpgsql-cursors.html
section 23.7.3.3. Returning Cursors. The URL is for the 7.3 development
docs, but I think the example shown will work in 7.2.x.

Joe