Re: auto_increment

От Fran Fabrizio
Тема Re: auto_increment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, I suppose you could create a new sequence, set it's starting value
to be higher than any key in the PK field already, and add a default to
that column of nextval('my_new_seq').  The docs for 'create sequence'
should be a good place to start.

With a little extra elbow grease you can copy, drop and recreate the
table while massaging the existing PK's to start at 1 and count up, then
create the sequence as described above, if you really want an orderly PK
field.

-Fran