Re: Why does postgres not take into account my index on a bigint column ?

От Michael Loftis
Тема Re: Why does postgres not take into account my index on a bigint column ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

>Michael Loftis <mloftis@wgops.com> writes:
>
>>Anyone from -hackers read this?  Or should I repost it there?
>>

>Don't bother, we've heard it before ;-)

Yah, Andrew Sul;livan just clued me in.  Wasn't connecting dots until
just now.

>You may care to consult the pghackers archives for previous discussions
>about this problem and why it's not trivial to fix.  Eventually someone
>will come up with a proposal that has a tolerable amount of collateral
>damage ...

Well... I'm sure I can come up with a solution, but just for a frame of
reference when Windows and my BIOS started acting up and mis-configuring
IRQs I just labotomized the BIOS....  Collateral schmollateral.  Nuke em
till they glow and let God sort 'em out.  Hehehe :)

Seriously though this is something that could be a biiiiig problem for
me so I intend to look into it, re-read the threads I can find in
pghackers and maybe I can think of something.  Sometimes all that is
needed is a fresh set of eyes.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why does postgres not take into account my index on a bigint column ?
От: Michael Loftis
Сообщение: Re: Why does postgres not take into account my index on a bigint column ?