Re: Log rotation

От Andre Schubert
Тема Re: Log rotation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Gaetano Mendola schrieb:

> "Andre Schubert" <andre.schubert@km3.de> wrote:
> > You can use multilog on linux.
>
> Hi, I don't know what's multilog but I resolved my
> problem in this way (general suggestions for all):

multilog does exactly the same as logrotate, but it is a process itself.
we you it this way:
su -l postgres -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl ....' start 2>&1 | /usr/bin/multilog
s16777215 n20 '/var/log/psql' &" < /dev/null

Everything coming from postgres is piped through multilog and multilog
creates logfiles in the directory
/var/log/pgsql. Each logfile is 16777215 bytes big, and there are max 20
logfiles.
There should be a multilog-rpms somewhere for linux.
Hope this also helps.

Regards