Re: libpq++: trouble getting "copy table from" to work...

От Carlos Moreno
Тема Re: libpq++: trouble getting "copy table from" to work...
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Thanks for your reply, Jeroen,

>May I suggest checking out libpqxx, an alternative to libpq++ that does
>expose 'copy from stdin'?  It's at
>
>  http://members.ams.chello.nl/j.vermeulen31/proj-libpqxx.html
>
>The stuff you're looking for is in the TableWriter class.

Hmmm...  I've been *very* tempted to check out this library,
but have been too busy with a project that is already using
libpq++  (not that it is excessively long, but still, changing
everything scares me, mainly because I'm already overflowed
with the tasks that were due yesterday!  :-( )

One always wonders...  Is it more the time that I'm going to
spend learning/understanding this new library and translating
all the code to it?  Or will I end up hating myself and wishing
I had decided to go with this new library when I keep hitting
walls here and there?  (the reluctance to switch is even higher
when you are in the middle of urgent "repairs" to an already
functional system...)

BTW, I didn't find any links to the documentation from the
link you gave me...  I recall you mentioning some docs that
were available.  Could you send me a pointer to it?

Thanks!

Carlos

От: jtv
Сообщение: Re: libpq++: trouble getting "copy table from" to work...
От: Carlos Moreno
Сообщение: Getting "copy from" to work from a C++ program