Re: libpq++: trouble getting "copy table from" to work...

От jtv
Тема Re: libpq++: trouble getting "copy table from" to work...
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 04:24:41AM -0500, Carlos Moreno wrote:

> Hmmm...  I've been *very* tempted to check out this library,
> but have been too busy with a project that is already using
> libpq++  (not that it is excessively long, but still, changing
> everything scares me, mainly because I'm already overflowed
> with the tasks that were due yesterday!  :-( )
One thing I guess it depends on is the C++ "dialect" you're using.  If
you're using C++ as the proverbial "a better C," then libpqxx is not
for you.  But if the existing code deals with and uses exceptions and
such, libpqxx should make your life a lot easier.  No more checking
for errors in return values, no more manual conversion of fields to
integers, no more GetValue().

Perhaps (when I've got time--the weather's too good now!) I should
put together some examples of converting code from libpq++ to libpqxx.

> BTW, I didn't find any links to the documentation from the
> link you gave me...  I recall you mentioning some docs that
> were available.  Could you send me a pointer to it?

They're in the archive.  I'll put them up separately as well.

Jeroen

От: Mihnea Balta
Сообщение: Re: Getting "copy from" to work from a C++ program
От: "Eduardo Kotujansky"
Сообщение: /usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lpq