How to perform an identical insert?

От Axel Selk
Тема How to perform an identical insert?
Дата
Re: How to perform an identical insert?  (Darren Ferguson <darren@crystalballinc.com>)
Re: How to perform an identical insert?  (Heiko Klein <Heiko.Klein@met.no>)
Список pgsql-general
Dear list,
I have collected data in a Microsoft Access data base and I am trying
now to transfer this data to a postgres data base running on a Linux
computer. I generated SQL scripts for the structure as well as for the
data. I have trouble with the data inserts. I want to insert the MS
Access IDs into Postgres as all references are made to those IDs.
But I found only the ID serial format in Postgres, which does not accept
inserted IDs. Is there any way to insert the IDs from Access and then
using the serial ID for any further action in Postgres?

Please, advice.

With kind regards

Axel Selk
--

Dipl.-Ing. Axel Selk

Bremen Institute of Industrial Technology and
Applied Work Science (BIBA)
- Division BIBA PPC -
Hochschulring 20
28359 Bremen