Re: Porting MySQL data types to PostgreSQL

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Porting MySQL data types to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[Please reply to the list so that others may benefit from and
participate in the discussion, and please don't top post as it makes
the discussion more difficult to follow.]

On Jul 25, 2007, at 20:55 , Gautam Sampathkumar wrote:

>           Thank you for your answer. Do you know why a choice was
> made to
> not include support for unsigned in PostgreSQL?

If I'm reading my draft copy of the SQL:2003 standard, SQL only
specifies SMALLINT, INTEGER, and BIGINT integer types. There are no
unsigned integer types in the standard. While PostgreSQL does have
datatypes which extend the SQL standard, either no one has felt the
need for an unsigned data type or it has not been accepted by core.
You could check the mailing list archives for details if you wish.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net