Re: Porting MySQL data types to PostgreSQL

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Porting MySQL data types to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 24, 2007, at 12:47 , Gautam Sampathkumar wrote:

> Does this mean I'd have to essentially double the space occupied by
> most
> database columns e.g convert mysql integer to postgresql bigint?

Only if your unsigned 4-byte integers actually exceed 2,147,483,647.
I suppose you could also use views and rules to automatically offset
the values by the appropriate amount (e.g., subtract -2,147,483,648
on insert and update, add 2,147,483,648 on select), but that sounds
like more trouble than it'd be worth.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net