Re: odbc on unix

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: odbc on unix
Дата
Re: odbc on unix  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
Michael Meskes wrote:

> I just tried to figured out the status of our odbc driver for unix, but I'm
> quite confused. There sertainly is a makefile for unix in
> pgsql/src/interfaces/odbc but some recent changes I saw looked like windows
> odbc only.

The recent changes were made by me mostly and I
have no ODBC environment on *nix. So the changes
are mainly for Windows.

> And what worries me most is that the TODO file in this directory
> is dated 1998. So what's the state?

Probably I'm responsible for maintaining the TODO now.
OK I would update the TODO. Siginificant Items are
1) ODBC 3.0 support.
2) Unicode(UCS-2) support.
3) Updatable cursors support.

> I know that unixodbc works fine with postgresql. Do we still need our own driver
> on unix? Or is this just for the Windows branch?

If the *nix ODBC driver really has no problem we
don't need our own driver.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue