Re: Maximum Performance

От DHSC Webmaster
Тема Re: Maximum Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jean,
We are using a quad pentium xeon machine with 6 GB ram RH 7.1 enterprise
kernel. Postgres uses everything that is available. Actually, its only
idling with the hardware we have and we have tables with over 2M rows.
Your disk subsystem is very important as well as it can easily become a
bottleneck that can cripple an otherwise capable system. We have placed
our largest and most active tables as well as indices on separate
physical drives for best performance.

--
Bill MacArthur
Webmaster