Installing Postgres with support for Greek Characters

От Peter Wood
Тема Installing Postgres with support for Greek Characters
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

Is there support for Greek characters using ISO-8859-7 in the latest
production version of Postgres, v7.1.3?

I can see that it is possible to use

 ./configure --enable-multibyte[=encoding_system] --enable-locale

but the list of available encodings does not seem to include ISO-8859-7?

I see that in version 7.2, ISO-8859-7 is listed as being available, but
v7.2 is not currently a production version.

Is there some way that support for Greek characters can be installed in
v7.1.3?, or do I just need to set the locale to be el_GR?

Regards
Peter Wood