Re: LWLock contention: I think I understand the problem

От Fredrik Estreen
Тема Re: LWLock contention: I think I understand the problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>Fredrik Estreen <estreen@algonet.se> writes:
>
>>I could run benchmarks on 7.1 if that would be interesting.
>>

>Yes, if you have the time to run the same test conditions on 7.1, it
>would be good.
>
>Also, per recent discussions, it would probably be better to try to keep
>the total number of transactions the same for all runs (maybe about
>10000 transactions total, so -t would vary between 10000 and 200 as
>-c ranges from 1 to 50).

I'll test my original series on 7.1 and also test the constant number of
transactions this
weekend. A quick test with 20 transactions and 50 clients gave ca 25 tps
with the latest
patch, but I'm not sure that point is good, other loads etc.

Regards   Fredrik Estreen