Need help

От Shamik Majumder
Тема Need help
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi ,

We are facing some problems with the creation of tables of same name but
owned by different user .

We followed the following steps .

Lets say, we have a database DBTest and this database was created by the
user postgres.
We created  tables - Table1, Table2 and Table3 in it.
Now, by using the createuser command - one more database user is
created, say dbuser1.
Now, when I login as dbuser1 on the DBTest database, I can see all the
tables Table1, Table2 and Table3 by /dt command.
Even, I am able to create new tables ( i.e table with new names ) in the
same database DBTest but with the owner dbuser1.
Now, when I try to create the same table like Table1 ( which has been
created by the
postgress user previously ) as dbuser1 user  - the create table command
fails with the following o/p :

ERROR:  Relation 'Table1' already exists

My question  - is it possible in Postgres, to create the tables with
same name but with different users ?

i.e we create Table1 table both as postgres as well as dbuser1 .

Is it possible kindly let me know .

Thanks and Regards,
Shamik

Вложения