Postgres RPMS for RedHat 7.2

От Oleg Lebedev
Тема Postgres RPMS for RedHat 7.2
Дата
Re: Postgres RPMS for RedHat 7.2
Список pgsql-admin
Hi everybody,
I just installed RedHat 7.2 on one of my machines. I was trying to locate latest
postgres RPMS for this version of linux, but couldn't find any. When I try to
use RPMS for RedHat 7.1, I get the following error:
error: failed dependencies
    libpq.so.2    is needed by postgresql-7.1.3-1PGDG
    libreadline.so.4.1    is needed by postgresql-7.1.3-1PGDG
I found out that the first file is in $PGSQL/lib directory, but I don't have
libreadline.so.4.1, but libreadline.so.4 and libreadline.so.4.2 in /usr/lib. Is
it possible at all to use RedHat 7.1 RPMS on RedHat 7.2?

I can avoid using RPMS if smbd. can tell he how I can do a FULL installation of
postgres. In other words, I want all packages in $PG_SRC/src/include to be
compiled and place in $PGSQL/include directory, where $PG_SRC and $PGSQL are
postgres source and installation directories respectively. The thing is that
when I configure it with PHP, PHP can't find some of the packages in
$PGSQL/include, so I have to configure PHP with $PG_SRC/src in order to compile
it, which causes some other problems later.
thanks,

Oleg