PostgreSQL DBI DBD::Pg Access Problem

От Samizdatt
Тема PostgreSQL DBI DBD::Pg Access Problem
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL DBI DBD::Pg Access Problem  (postgresql@finner.de)
Список pgsql-general
*************** Configuration Info ******************
I'm using:

SuSE PPC Linux v7.3 on an Apple iBook
PostgreSQL v7.1.3
Perl v5.6.1
DBI v1.20
DBD::Pg v1.01
Apache v1.3.20
Apache DBI v0.88

I created 2 users in addition to postgres with the createuser command. These users have actual corresponding accounts
onthe system.

(1)postgres - can create users and databases
(2)root - can create databases
(3)wwwrun - is just the web server account that can neither create databases nor users

I modified the pg_hba.conf to temporarily allow connections from all users on the box by adding the following lines to
thefile:

local    all    trust
host    all    127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255        trust
host    all    10.10.10.50    255.255.255.255        trust

Postmaster runs as "/usr/bin/postmaster -i -B 512 -D/var/lib/pgsql/data"

*************** Problem ******************************

I can connect to any of the PostgreSQL databases through any of the 3 user accounts using psql, but I can only connect
tothe databases with my web server cgi & command line Perl DBI/DBD::Pg applications by including "postgres" as the user
inmy DBI database handles. I'd like to be able to connect to the databases using the wwwrun user account that is
restrictedfrom creating both users and databases in my DBI based applications and cgi scripts.

Since the pg_hba.conf is set to allow any user with an account in the PostgreSQL database to connect from my box, and I
canconnect to any of the databases through any of the 3 accounts using psql, shouldn't my DBI based cgi & command line
Perlapplications be able to connect to the same databases using any of the 3 postgres user accounts I created using
createuser?Now, only including "postgres" as the user in my DBI/DBD::Pg database handles allows my cgi & command line
programsto access my PostgreSQL databases.

Thank you for any assistance.