Re: Shipping database help desperately needed

От marc@oscar.eng.cv.net (Marc Spitzer)
Тема Re: Shipping database help desperately needed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In article <3c25b23b$0$11784$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, Bob wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am not in any way familiar with spreadsheets, databases etc. But I do have
> a problem.
>
> I have a website that sells CD-R and CompactFlash, SmartMedia cards etc.
>
> That's not my problem though. The problem is that I need to be able to show
> people what their order is going to cost them when they order it and I have
> no idea how to show them how much they will have to pay for
> postage/shipping.
>
> I assume it is a database or spreadsheet of some description that I need as
> I have all the info on paper but not on the website.
>
> Perhaps it is a shopping cart type thing I need? Is that ASP or some other
> type of buzzword I know nothing of?
>
> I hope someone can help a lost soul.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob B

post office:
usps.gov
click on shipping and start reading, they have a set of intergration
guides/api's to figure shipping but that needed a login.

ups has the same kind of information on line.  I did not check fedex
but I think they also have it.

If you want to solve this peroblem I would suggest that you call them
and let them tell you what you need to do to use there data.

Now if you are truely ignorant of what needs to be done from a
technical point of view the cheapest thing you can do is hire someone
else to do it for you.

Good luck

marc