Re: poor performance of loading data

От bangh
Тема Re: poor performance of loading data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
To create an index, to do ordering is a basic operation, it is time consumed
job. Generally there is only relative better algorithm to be used to do
ordering. Some cases, it might be pretty good, but this is sure, not for each
one. If you look the typical ordering algorithms, different initial conditions
an algorithm behaves total differently. If your object is numbers, it must be
fast to order them.

In you case, you might have no choice to create a pure numeric index.

You really have 4 indexes for this table? or you just have one index, but it is
from 4 fields.

If you really have 3 indexes, it is too many. Not only slow down when you add a
new record, also take your space.

In you case, I still suggest:

1. import from file without index
2. create index after import