Re: shmget problem on solaris

От Brian Avis
Тема Re: shmget problem on solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You need to check into setting the following values in /etc/system

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = 16000000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin = 1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni = 100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg = 20
set semsys:seminfo_semmns = 200
set semsys:seminfo_semmni = 70

This is how mine is currently set. It probably isn't optimal but it gets
the job done.  :)

qradius@qnet.com.pe wrote:

>Dear Sirs:
>
>Please I have a problem at attempting  to run postmaster on
>Solaris
>
>when I executed:
>
>/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -i -D  /usr/local/pgsql/data
>
>I get the follow error:
>
>This error can be caused by one of three things:
>
>1. The maximum size for shared memory segments on your system
>was
>   exceeded.  You need to raise the SHMMAX parameter in your
>kernel
>   to be at least 1245184 bytes.
>
>2. The requested shared memory segment was too small for your
>system.
>   You need to lower the SHMMIN parameter in your kernel.
>
>3. The requested shared memory segment already exists but is
>of the
>   wrong size.  This is most likely the case if an old
>version of
>   PostgreSQL crashed and didn't clean up.  The `ipcclean'
>utility
>   can be used to remedy this.
>
>I am running Soalris v SunOS 5.8 , what possible solutions
>exists?
>
>Thank you in advance
>
>Ernesto

>Este mensaje fue enviado a través de Qnet
>http://www.qnet.com.pe

Brian Avis
SEARHC Medical Clinic
Juneau, AK 99801
(907) 463-4049
cd /pub
more beer

От: qradius@qnet.com.pe
Сообщение: shmget problem on solaris
От: Joe Koenig
Сообщение: Where do I learn about optimization?