shmget problem on solaris

От qradius@qnet.com.pe
Тема shmget problem on solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear Sirs:

Please I have a problem at attempting  to run postmaster on
Solaris

when I executed:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -i -D  /usr/local/pgsql/data

I get the follow error:

This error can be caused by one of three things:

1. The maximum size for shared memory segments on your system
was
   exceeded.  You need to raise the SHMMAX parameter in your
kernel
   to be at least 1245184 bytes.

2. The requested shared memory segment was too small for your
system.
   You need to lower the SHMMIN parameter in your kernel.

3. The requested shared memory segment already exists but is
of the
   wrong size.  This is most likely the case if an old
version of
   PostgreSQL crashed and didn't clean up.  The `ipcclean'
utility
   can be used to remedy this.

I am running Soalris v SunOS 5.8 , what possible solutions
exists?

Thank you in advance

Ernesto

Este mensaje fue enviado a trav�s de Qnet
http://www.qnet.com.pe