Re: Can't login/createdb

От Joe Koenig
Тема Re: Can't login/createdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alright, I've got that taken care of now. Thanks to everyone who
responded. Next dumb question - I need to be able to connect to postgres
from PHP - I know that I need to start it up with the '-i' option, but I
need to make sure it starts up with that option when the machine
reboots. I found the 010.pgsql.sh file and it says to edit
$PG_DATA/postgresql.conf - so I went to my data dir and uncommented the
line that said 'tcpip_socket = false' and changed it to true. When
trying to connect from PHP, I get an error stating:

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: pqReadData() -- backend
closed the channel unexpectedly. This probably means the backend
terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

I'm sure that, once again, I'm missing something simple (Yes, I did stop
and restart the postmaster :) Thanks,

By the way, this is FreeBSD 4.3 with PHP 4.0.6

Joe