Re: Vaccum

От bangh
Тема Re: Vaccum
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
HI,

This is not necessary true, but you might feel understandable.

To delete records, just seems as the records are marked as voided. Space is not
collected. To run vaccum might do this kind space garbage collection.

To run vacummdb really save the space, but it works at only some extent. e.g.
index still goes quickly, it goes bigger and bigger, one day it eats all your
space you have, behaves as gets a virus. In this case, my solution is to use
pg_dump the original one, create new one and restory, this reaaly save your
space, but you cannot do this as frequently as you do "vacuum". It costs much
more CPU time to do it if your database is huge.

Bangh