Re: beta3

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Perhaps because it _can't_ be updated, without the source? A number of
> people have commented on how it's a good write up of internals of query
> processing. Unfortunately, it's circa v. 6.3, and starting to show it's
> age. If the source were available, pulling out sections and updating them
> is at least a possibility. Otherwise, it's just a historical document:
> interesting, but fading.
> Stefan, could you see your way to putting it under an Open Content
> license of some sort, so it could be used in this way?

Stefan already authorized us to use it anyway that we see fit, but we
*do* need to preserve the attribution for himself and his academic
advisor and institution.

Some/much of the source is commented out in cvs source code (latex
markup and all) in the repository afaicr (don't have my laptop fired up
at the moment) because I was worried about losing it otherwise. Since
then, I've of course lost the original sources afaict.
                - Thomas