Re: [GENERAL] To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the select limit

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [GENERAL] To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the select limit
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the select limit  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
(switched thread to hackers)

> ... If the 'tip' is localized to a few lines, usually in
> gram.y, I don't see a reason not to help people find the right answer.
> It helps them and reduces redundant bug repots.  I can't imagine a
> reason not to do it unless it starts to make our code more complex.

I'm with Peter on this one. I'd like to *not* clutter up the code and
error reporting with hints and suggestions which may or may not be to
the point.

We *should* have docs which list error messages and possible solutions,
and throwing that info into code is a poor second choice imho.
                     - Thomas