Re: postmaster dies with ssl lib error

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: postmaster dies with ssl lib error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Randall,

It looks like one of the Solaris patches has changed the behaviour of
ld, and this is causing it to not find the openssl 0.9.6 libraries when
PostgreSQL tries to load.

You'll probably have to take some time and read the info in each patch
to try and determine which patch caused the change in ld's behaviour,
then maybe either roll the patch back or see if there is some
recommended way of making ld work as before.

Would it also be possible to do something simple like export the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable (pointing towards openssl) before attempting to
start postmaster?

i.e.

As the postgres user :

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/openssl:/path/to/other/things/if/needed
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /export/spare/home/postgres/data &

???

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift