Re: Authorization problem

От hodges@xprt.net
Тема Re: Authorization problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Do you have pgaccess installed?  Run it from unix prompt,
select the database, and put in only the user(s) you want
to have access.  phppgadmin is another program that allows
you to set users for each database.

Tom

On 3 Oct 2001, at 16:48, Pedro Fonseca wrote:

> Hi Manuel!
>
> Yo no hablo el español mui bien... :)
>
> Your suggestion is just fine, but that way the authentication will be
> password based! And I don't want that... The same for Felipe's suggestion!
>
> In short: I'd like this database accessible only by *one* PostgreSQL user
> (instead of all), I don't want this user to have to authenticate through a
> password and I don't want to use TCP/IP. I think that the AUTHTYPE ident (in
> pg_hba.conf) is just fine for this case, together with a corresponding map,
> but that can only be used for TCP/IP connections...
>
> Any more suggestions? I mean, this is possible, right?
> --
> Pedro Fonseca (pedro.fonseca@iscte.pt)
> Mob.: (+351)964598357
> http://www.pedrofonseca.com
> ADETTI/ISCTE (Instituto Superior de Ciências do Trabalho e da Empresa)
>

> "Manuel Trujillo" <manueltrujillo@dorna.es> wrote in message
> > On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 02:17:15PM +0100, Pedro Fonseca wrote:
> >
> > > I have 2 PostgreSQL users created. I'd like access to a database
> restricted
> > > only to one of these users. As it is, in pg_hba.conf, any PostgreSQL
> user
> > > can connect locally to any database whatsoever:
> > >
> > > # TYPE    DATABASE    IP_ADDRESS    MASK             AUTHTYPE    MAP
> > > local     all                                        trust
> > > host      all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255  trust
> > >
> > > I have TCP/IP based connections disabled. What I would like would be
> > > something like:
> > >
> > > # TYPE    DATABASE    IP_ADDRESS    MASK             AUTHTYPE    MAP
> > > local     test_db                                    ident
> test_db_map
> > >
> > > The problem is that the ident AUTHTYPE can only be used for TCP/IP
> > > connections. How do I tell PostgreSQL that I only want to allow
> > > postgres_user_1 to connect to test_db, and not every user? And how do I
> do
> > > this without using passwords and TCP/IP connections?
> >

> > I think the solution is:
> > 1- create a passwd file for this database (test_db_passwd, for example),
> with pg_passwd test_db_passwd, and put here with pg_passwd the user's
> needed.
> > 2- put this in your pg_hba.conf:
> > # TYPE    DATABASE    IP_ADDRESS    MASK             AUTHTYPE
> MAP
> >  local     test_db                             password test_db_passwd
> test_db_map
> >
> > I'm very "newbie" in postgresql, but I think this can solve your problem.
> >
> > Sorry for my bad english, if you speak spanish, you can write to me
> directly.

We have changed our ISP, now xprt.net - not jps.net
Tom Hodges, hodges@xprt.net or tom_hodges@yahoo.com
ICQ 10149621, YahooMessenger tom_hodges
Mail: 14314 SW Allen Blvd, #317; Beaverton OR 97005 USA