Re: Sequence query

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Sequence query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tamara,

Have you fixed this yet?

It looks like you've quoted the table name wrongly.

i.e. You should write :

SELECT * FROM "objetos_ID_seq";

instead of :

SELECT * FROM "objetos_Id_seq";

When something it quoted, it is case sensitive.  When it's not quoted,
it's made into lowercase before being used.

i.e. :

SELECT * FROM OBJETOS_ID_SEQ;

is the same as :

SELECT * FROM objetos_id_seq;

But,

SELECT * FROM "OBJETOS_ID_SEQ";

is NOT the same as :

SELECT * FROM "objetos_id_seq";

Hope that helps.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> "Tamara D. Blum" wrote:
>
> Hi !
>
> I need to ask for the following secuence number for a field.
> I am connecting PostgreSQL with an ODBC Driver and with ADO.
> If i ask for the value of the field after updating the recordset, i
> get it is null (and it can't be), so i read how to ask for information
> about sequences and i founded that "SELECT * FROM objetos_ID_seq"
> would be ok, but i got an error: "The Relation 'objetos_Id_seq' does
> not exist".
>
> What's wrong ? Is there any problem with my sequence ?
>
> Thanks
>

>                     Tamara D. Blum
>                 Analista de Sistemas
>                 Tel.: 4831-9061 al 66 int. 110
>         Sistema Argentino de Informática Jurídica
>         Ministerio de Justicia y Derechos Humanos

     - Indira Gandhi