Re: USA Disaster

От Thurstan R. McDougle
Тема Re: USA Disaster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ludwig Meyerhoff wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> Let us spend some thoughts on all the people who died in this tragical and
> cruel events. And let us feel happy for all the people who could escape in
> time.

Indeed.

> I am in Germany, and my father called me on my mobile. I first thought it
> was a joke! Nobody could have ever thought about SUCH a scenario! Not even
> the most fantastic writers in hollywood had!

In fact the military fiction author Dale Brown has written a book
(Storming Heaven) with a similar scenario.  Although it starts by
dropping bombs from hired cargo planes, it ends with the planes
themselves being used as the weapon (although computer controlled).

http://my.linkbaton.com/get?genre=book&item=0425147231
One of the customer reviews protests the implausibility of its premise,
were that but true.

> How is the internet and telecommunication affected? The first time we did
> not have real internet-connections, and a few hours ago the satellites
> began to get free ...  Did the priority change, for the first moment, from
> "normal, public use" to "military and government use only"?
>
> (Maybe this is a bit off-topic, but faced with such events, I would say it
> is not that bad, is it?)
>
> Saluti!
>
> Ludwig

This is the identity that I use for NewsGroups. Email to
this will just sit there. If you wish to email me replace
the domain with knightpiesold . co . uk (no spaces).