Re: Idea: jobs.postgresql.org

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Idea: jobs.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Justin Clift wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > It is definitely something interesting, and there are a fair few
> > PostgreSQL jobs out there.
> >
> > The address Joe mentioned is correct, I'm just so short of time now I
> > haven't been able to do much in the way of site maintenance recently, so
> > that page hasn't been updated in ages.
>
> If you want we can merge jobs into the main site for now.

Sounds good to me.  When it's up, the jobs page is the third most
popular techdocs page people visit.  The hardest part I've found is
knowing when jobs have been filled, because people routinely "forget" to
say when.

An attitude I've found dissapointing is the weird belief a number of
agencies have that there must be "some kind of catch" to putting their
PostgreSQL related jobs online for free.  No charge, no banner
advertising, etc.  You'd think they'd never heard of "Community Spirit".

A lot of the stuff I do on the techdocs site is "lets see if this works
and is beneficial".  The jobs section was and is, and so I'm happy for
it to become something more, main site, sub-domain, whatever.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Vince.
> --
> Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net
>          56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
>         Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com
>        Online Giftshop Superstore    http://www.cloudninegifts.com

     - Indira Gandhi