Re: What needs to be done?

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: What needs to be done?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
If people feel that backwards compatibiliy is important I would suggest
it be done in the following way:

A new connection parameter named 'compatible' be defined whose default
value is 7.2 (i.e new functionality).  But you could set compatible=7.1
to revert back to the old functionality.  (This is how Oracle deals with
similar issues in its code base).  This parameter could then be set
either in the JDBC URL (i.e.
jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432:template1?compatible=7.1) or passed
explicily in the connect() method.

thanks,
--Barry