Re: IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...

От Darren Johnson
Тема Re: IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sean Chittenden wrote:

>         Has anyone here thought about using the spread libraries for WAL
> replication amongst mutliple hosts?  With this library I think it'd be
> possible to have a multi-master replication system..

Yes, there is some work being done to use Spread as the group
communication system
for Postgres-R, but we are just getting started with this software.
Using a group
communication system to establish  total order messages is one of  the
basic principles for
synchronous multi-master replication with Postgres-R.  Currently
Ensemble (form Cornell
University) is used, but Spread looks to be more robust and it appears
to be supported
on most if not all of the PostgreSQL  supported platforms.

It's very cool to see positive testimony for Spread, and I hope I will
feel the same way
as I become more familiar with it.

Darren