Re: nextval on insert by arbitrary sequence

От Dado Feigenblatt
Тема Re: nextval on insert by arbitrary sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Josh Berkus wrote:

> Dado,
>
> Maybe we're looking at this the hard way.  Have you thought of simply
> putting in a DATETIME column and sorting by that?
>
> -Josh

Sorting? I might have expressed myself wrong.
I'm not concerned about sorting.
I'm concerned about giving rows in a single table an unique, sequential
numbered ID
based on a sequence per project (as in a serial counter, as in 'create
sequence specific_project_sequence;')
e.g.
rows related to project A get a number from sequence A
rows related to project B get a number from sequence B

Is it clear now, or is it me who's not understanding what you're saying?

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Dado Feigenblatt                                 Wild Brain, Inc.
Technical Director                               (415) 553-8000 x???

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Dado Feigenblatt
Сообщение: Re: PLpgSQL
От: David Stanaway
Сообщение: Re: nextval on insert by arbitrary sequence