NT port of PGSQL - success

От Horak Daniel
Тема NT port of PGSQL - success
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] NT port of PGSQL - success
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have successeed in porting PostgreSQL to Win NT. The patch that is
included is for development version from Sep 15, but I think that the
changes are version independent. The main difference from other port is
the renamed system table pg_version (vs. PG_VERSION) to pg_ver - Windows
file names are case insensitive :-) So this should be solved on a global
level perhaps in main sources. And also the communication through
AF_UNIX sockets is disabled. There are only two other changes:
- added some flag while opening directory with open() syscall
- changed flags for file descriptor in function pq_init()
and that's all :-)

the steps ;-) are:
do the steps that Joost wrote some time ago
patch <pgsql.diff (maybe by hand for newer versions of PostgreSQL)
make
make install
initdb
postmaster -i

I was able to run postmaster and two concurrent psql connections
yesterday. I will run the test later.

                    Dan Horak

PS: where are you, Joost? the email for you is returning to me

Вложения