restoring a dump

От Phuong Ma
Тема restoring a dump
Дата
Re: restoring a dump  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hello, I have been trying to restore my dump and it seems like it is not
working.  I put the dump in a tar file and when I untarred it, there are
several .dat files, a toc.dat file, and a restore.sql file.  I used psql
to restore these files into a database.  I first started restoring the
restore.sql file, then the .dat files, and lastly, the toc.dat.  When I
did the toc.dat file, I received an error message.  These are the

pg_dump -C -D -F t > test.tar
tar -xvf test.tar
psql restore.sql
psql test < 19.dat
psql test < 20.dat .. and so on
psql test < toc.dat

This is the error message:
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "pgdmp"
CHANGE
ERROR:  non-existent group "test"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """

I also tried using the pg_restore, but I don't know how that would work
on these separate files.  Is there another way I can restore the dump?
Maybe an easier way than what I have been using?  And do I need to
restore what is in the toc.dat?

Thank you for your help.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: