Обсуждение: restoring a dump

restoring a dump

От
Phuong Ma
Дата:
Hello, I have been trying to restore my dump and it seems like it is not
working.  I put the dump in a tar file and when I untarred it, there are
several .dat files, a toc.dat file, and a restore.sql file.  I used psql
to restore these files into a database.  I first started restoring the
restore.sql file, then the .dat files, and lastly, the toc.dat.  When I
did the toc.dat file, I received an error message.  These are the

pg_dump -C -D -F t > test.tar
tar -xvf test.tar
psql restore.sql
psql test < 19.dat
psql test < 20.dat .. and so on
psql test < toc.dat

This is the error message:
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "pgdmp"
CHANGE
ERROR:  non-existent group "test"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near """

I also tried using the pg_restore, but I don't know how that would work
on these separate files.  Is there another way I can restore the dump?
Maybe an easier way than what I have been using?  And do I need to
restore what is in the toc.dat?

Thank you for your help.

timeout

От
Jie Liang
Дата:
Is ther any to set a timeout when execute a sql stmt??

Jie LIANG

St. Bernard Software

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.stbernard.com
www.ipinc.com

Re: restoring a dump

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Phuong Ma writes:

> pg_dump -C -D -F t > test.tar
> tar -xvf test.tar
> psql restore.sql
> psql test < 19.dat
> psql test < 20.dat .. and so on
> psql test < toc.dat

I believe you're supposed to use pg_restore on the tar file itself.

Re: restoring a dump

От
Phuong Ma
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Phuong Ma writes:
>
> > pg_dump -C -D -F t > test.tar
> > tar -xvf test.tar
> > psql restore.sql
> > psql test < 19.dat
> > psql test < 20.dat .. and so on
> > psql test < toc.dat
>
> I believe you're supposed to use pg_restore on the tar file itself.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter

I tried using pg_restore, but it did not restore the dump successfully.
Maybe it is the syntax I'm using, but I remember reading that you cannot
use the pg_restore to restore a dump that uses INSERT.  Does anyone know
of a way I could undump my db?

Re: restoring a dump

От
Wei Weng
Дата:
Do not understand your question.

On 28 Jun 2001 16:32:47 -0700, Phuong Ma wrote:
<snip>
> I tried using pg_restore, but it did not restore the dump successfully.
> Maybe it is the syntax I'm using, but I remember reading that you cannot
> use the pg_restore to restore a dump that uses INSERT.  Does anyone know
What do you mean by "dump that uses INSERT"?a

--
Wei Weng
Network Software Engineer

Re: [ADMIN] timeout

От
Jeremy Buchmann
Дата:
> Is ther any to set a timeout when execute a sql stmt??

I believe this depends on the interface...for example, in JDBC, it
is this:

Statement s = new Statement();
s.setQueryTimeout(20);  // Sets query timeout to 20 seconds.

I don't know what other interfaces offer timeouts, but that's where
you should look to find out.

--Jeremy