Re: Auto Starting +/or Shutdown on OS X

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Auto Starting +/or Shutdown on OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 31, 2007, at 14:27 , Ralph Smith wrote:

> === INITIAL POST ====================
> I'm using scripts in /Library/StartupItems/PostgreSQL
>
> PostgreSQL starts manually just fine via
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -l /usr/local/
> pgsql/logfile start

What user are you starting the server as? Is this the same user you
have specified in the StartupItem/launchd plist?

> If I execute the start command above just after a System start I get
>   pg_ctl: another server may be running; trying to start server anyway
>   server starting
> and then it starts and runs fine.

I'm speculating that the StartupItem is trying to start the server
but failing.

> I'm looking at getting that debugging to log where I can find it.
> Can someone help me config extended logging?
> log_destination, log_directory, log_filename

I believe you should be able to set these at startup, though I
haven't tried.

>                <string>/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster</string>
>                <string>-D</string>
>                <string>/usr/local/pgsql/data</string>
>                <string>-l</string>
>                <string>/usr/local/pgsql/logfile</string>
>                <string>-c</string>
>                <string>redirect_stderr=YES</string>
>                <string>-c</string>
>                <string>log_min_message=DEBUG5</string>
>                <string>-c</string>
>                <string>log_error_verbosity=VERBOSE</string>

Did you also change the user and group to what's appropriate for your
setup?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net