Re: Dabase support for UTF, UNICODE?

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: Dabase support for UTF, UNICODE?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Namrata,

If your database code is built with multibyte enabled, you can create a
database in one of many different character sets including UTF8.  The
JDBC driver does the correct character set conversions between the
database character encoding and the UCS2 encoding that Java uses
internally for Strings.

If you are running 7.1 of Postgres this should all work correctly.

thanks,
--Barry