Re: How to create a *pass-through-query* in postgresql

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: How to create a *pass-through-query* in postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Josh Berkus wrote:

> D.I.,
>
> > >I want to develop a trigger, which updates or inserts rows in some
> > local
> > tables in >MsAccess on the client side.
>
> To be blunt, on top of Richard's objections, this sounds like really bad
> database application design to me.  What is it you're trying to
> accomplish? Chances are, it would be a much better idea to simply
> relocate those "local tables" to the server.

Bad application design can equal good workaround for inadequate
resources. I've done the same sort of thing myself, but never tried to
manage "live" updates.

What this looks like is an attempt to replicate one or more tables. The
problem is, that's not going to be easy with ODBC as your connection.

- Richard Huxton