Re: Building 12.3 from source on Mac

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: Building 12.3 from source on Mac
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom,

> On 23. Jul, 2020, at 16:50, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> You should see what "file" reports these as, but there's a good
> bet that these are 32-bit code and won't even run on Catalina.

yes, they seem pretty old:

paul@meerkat:/usr/local/lib$ file libintl.*
libintl.3.4.3.dylib: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [i386:Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386]
[ppc:Mach-Odynamically linked shared library ppc]
libintl.3.4.3.dylib (for architecture i386):    Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386
libintl.3.4.3.dylib (for architecture ppc):    Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc
libintl.a:           Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [i386:current ar archive random library]
[ppc:currentar archive random library]
libintl.a (for architecture i386):    current ar archive random library
libintl.a (for architecture ppc):    current ar archive random library
libintl.la:          libtool library file, ASCII text

> You apparently installed *something*, or several somethings, back
> in ought-six or so.  Do you really remember what you were doing
> back then?

I used to have an old iMac. And when I got this laptop, I did a time machine backup then and restored it to this laptop
tonot have to install all my software from scratch. Maybe it's old stuff from Java installations. I also have XQuartz
runningsince ages now which has been updated from version to version, currently 2.7.11. I don't know which it could be
thatcould be that old.

Seems like a lot of old stuff:

paul@meerkat:/usr/local/lib$ file * | egrep "(i386|ppc)" | awk '{ print $1 }' | tr -d ':' | sort -u
libMagick++.10.0.7.dylib
libMagick++.a
libMagick.10.0.7.dylib
libMagick.a
libWand.10.0.7.dylib
libWand.a
libasprintf.0.0.0.dylib
libasprintf.a
libfreetype.6.3.12.dylib
libfreetype.a
libgdraw.1.0.14.dylib
libgettextlib-0.14.5.dylib
libgettextpo.0.1.0.dylib
libgettextpo.a
libgettextsrc-0.14.5.dylib
libgunicode.2.0.3.dylib
libintl.3.4.3.dylib
libintl.a
libuninameslist-fr.0.0.1.dylib
libuninameslist.0.0.1.dylib
libwmf.a
libwmflite.a

> Anyway, now that we realize these are ancient history, you likely
> need to install a more modern version anyway.

will try, thanks. :-)

Cheers,
Paul

Сообщение: Re: Building 12.3 from source on Mac
Сообщение: Re: Building 12.3 from source on Mac