Re: error message...

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: error message...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Sven,

There is a startup option, "-N" of how many clients are allowed to be
connected simultaneously.  The default is 32 in the source code, not
sure if SuSE has it changed.

You can also alter the default maximum before compiling it, but I get
the feeling you've installed pre-built packages.

Where does SuSE put it's startup scripts?  In /etc/rc.d/init.d ?  If so,
there should be something there relating to PostgreSQL, and it's this
you should modify.

If it starts PostgreSQL with "pg_ctl" then you'll need to pass the
option -o '-N <new connection limit>'.  If it starts it with
"postmaster", then use -N <new connection limit> directly, without the
-o.

The man pages for pg_ctl and postmaster should be of some benefit also.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

"S.E.Franke" wrote:

> Hi I have Postgres 7.0.3/6 on a Suse Professional 7.1 (kernel 2.4.0)
> machine.
>
> The database is used very often and I see in the logfile the error
> message: Sorry, too many clients already
>
> Can I set the number of 'active' clients? And where can I set this? And
> How?
>
> Thanx in advance!
>
> Sven Franke

first group; there was less competition there."    - Indira Gandhi

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: