Sort in PostgreSQL

От Mauricio de Castro
Тема Sort in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
    Hello, I am with a problem in the SAGU
(http://sagu.codigoaberto.org.br), more specifically in the Postgres (we
use version 6.5.3) with the sort of names.
    It separates capital and lowcase letters and letters with and without
accents.
    After one he searches, we find that we would have to make right the
following variables:
    LC_CTYPE=C - > ISO-8859-1
    LC_COLLATE=C - > ISO-8859-1
    and to restart the process of the postmaster. It functioned in part, in
a Debian server (Storm) it was the sufficient to start to function, in
the server of the SAGU, a Slackware 7.1 machine, this did not function.
    More research and we evidence that we would have to recompile the
Postgres with the following options:
  ./configure -- enable-locale -- enable-recode,
    thing that we had not done...  and nothing...  We install one script to
make right the pattern keyboard.  And nothing...  We leave of the
Windows and we enter of new... I'm play because I use Linux...  Somebody
has some idea of that to make to decide our problem?

Regards

Mauricio de Castro
Meneger and Development of SAGU