Re: installing DBD::Pg without installing postgres

От Fran Fabrizio
Тема Re: installing DBD::Pg without installing postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> What's the dependencies for the DBD::Pg RPM?  Satisfy those
> dependencies, and properly set up for client-server communications with
> a postgresql server, and it _should_ just _work_.

Well, if I had known what it took to satisfy the dependencies, I wouldn't
have needed to post here. ;-)

It was looking for a libpg-fe.h.

This file does not appear to be in the libs rpm, which is the only thing
I can install without needing to download the entire source.

In the interest of a quicker resolution, I just went ahead and installed
postgres.  I had to install the libs rpm, then the postgres rpm itself, then
the devel rpm in order to find the file.  Since the devel depends on postgres
itself, I did have to install postgres in order to install DBD Pg.  Which
seems wrong somehow.

libpg-fe.h seems to be available from two places:  in the source .tar.gz in
the interfaces/ subdir, or in the devel rpm, which requires the source rpm.
So either way, you have to grab the source in one form or another.

Oh well.  I just hoped that there was a libs rpm or .tar.gz that would allow
me to build these other tools without requiring the eitire source of postgres
itself.  Maybe my hopes are misguided. =)

Thanks,
Fran