Re: AW: AW: AW: Truncation of char, varchar types

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: AW: AW: AW: Truncation of char, varchar types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Someone said Oracle raises an error.
> >  Informix seems to be the only other db that truncates silently.
> Raises a warning instead of error. Would need to check Sybase and DB2, but ...
> Yes, good. Do we want this in 7.1.0 ? Seems, yes :-(

No, pretty sure this will not fly for the 7.1.x cycle, no matter what we
end up deciding is the best approach (with SQL9x getting more votes than
most other proposals, but The Right Thing having the most votes of all
;)

We are at the tail end of the beta cycle, and a change in behavior which
is this fundamental needs more time and discussion. All imho of
course...
                         - Thomas

Сообщение: Re: age() function documentation
Сообщение: Re: age() function documentation