Update

От Kyle
Тема Update
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
OK, I figured it out.  It wasn't the sum(int4) thing...

I have a query that looks like this:

select pnum from part where func1(pnum) and func2(pnum);

Func1 takes less time to execute than func2.  I was using func1 to
"narrow the field" of records so the query would not take so long to
execute.  After upgrading to 7.1 the query got real slow.  After
changing the query to:

select pnum from part where func2(pnum) and func1(pnum);

The query went back to its normal time.

It appears that the first function would get evaluated first under 7.0.3
but the last function gets evaluated first under 7.1.  Is that accurate?

Is there a way to control which functions are given precidence?

Kyle

Вложения