Re: Update

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Update
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Kyle <kyle@Actarg.com> writes:
> It appears that the first function would get evaluated first under 7.0.3
> but the last function gets evaluated first under 7.1.  Is that accurate?

Actually, I was under the impression that (all else being equal) WHERE
clauses would get evaluated right-to-left in 7.0.* as well.  I was
meaning to figure out where the clause order reversal is happening and
undo it, but didn't get around to it for 7.1.

> Is there a way to control which functions are given precidence?

Nope, not at the moment.  The code has remnants of a notion of cost of
evaluation for functions, but it's not being used for anything ...
        regards, tom lane