Re: Virtual domains ?

От Kris Van Hulle
Тема Re: Virtual domains ?
Дата
Re: Virtual domains ?  (will trillich <will@serensoft.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 3 Apr 2001, at 10:31, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Kris Van Hulle" <uxs@compulink.gr> writes:
> > Does PostgreSQL have support for virtual domains ?
>
> In 7.1 you can configure the postmaster to bind only to one specific IP
> address, if that helps.

Not really. I want to set up one SQL server, which should have a
different tablespace, userspace, whatever, depending on which
domain the user logs into. Every domain points to the same IP-
address, and the server is on that address.

So, for example, one user connects to the server at
company1.com, and another to the one at company2.com, and
they see a different content, allthough the servers are actually the
same; it's only faking that they're different. (both company1.com
and company2.com point to to same IP)

This is possible for http and ftp-servers, and email (allthough that
seems a bit more difficult), so I was wondering if it was possible for
SQL servers.

Kris

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Virtual domains ?
От: Daniel ?erud
Сообщение: Re: Re: What could be the reason for EXTREMELY slow INSERTs?