Re: pg_dump & BLOBs ?

От Randy Hall
Тема Re: pg_dump & BLOBs ?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
pg_dump in 7.0.3 does not have any BLOB support.  In order to upgrade
from 6.5/7.0 to 7.1, you need to export your blobs with pg_dumplo_old.
This program can be found in the contrib tree of 7.1.  Then you use
pg_dumplo to load the blobs back into 7.1.  pg_dumplo can also be found
in the 7.1 contrib tree.

Once you have gone through this procedure, the 7.1 version of pg_dump
will handle backups and restores of all your blobs.

You are correct that pg_restore did not exist in 7.0.  Restores were
done by piping the dump file in to psql.

"Mark, Terry" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I did a search and found some pages indeed some man pages) indicating that
> pg_dump and and a (new utility ?) pg_restore now supported BLOBs - one page
> had an example with a --blobs flag.  However after building 7.0.3 I find
> that pg_dump does not accept --blobs, and there is no pg_restoer..  A look
> at the man pages on postgresql.org showed no --blobs option (and no
> pg_restore).
>
> What's the status of pg_dump et al., and BLOBs ?
> thanks,
> terry

Randy Hall                    Great Bridge, LLC
Sr. Knowledge Engineer        253 Monticello Avenue
Red Hat Certified Engineer    Norfolk, VA 23510