Strange behavior with timestamps

От Marc Wrubleski
Тема Strange behavior with timestamps
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I am witnessing something strange with my timestamps here and I am
desperately hoping someone can explain or assist.

If I set a time using unix timestamp, it is recalled as a different time
a week different!

The following example is for illustration purposes:

pulver=# select version();
                           version
 PostgreSQL 7.0.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.96

pulver=# update connections set starttime = timestamp 'epoch' + reltime
'984685319';
UPDATE 1
pulver=# select date_part('epoch', starttime) from connections;
 date_part
 985290119
(1 row)